The members of the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue know that they can rely on us to rejoice in their happy moments, but also to offer the support and service needed for the most difficult of times.
Losing a family member is apart of the cycle of life that we, as a congregation, can help you through. Whether by making appropriate religious or traditional arrangements for your loved ones or offering our sympathies, we will be with you every step of the way.
At the Spanish, members are part of a family. Every loss is felt and every effort is made to honour and remember your loved ones. Joseph Muyal, the Executive Director of the Synagogue, will personally offer his services to help guide you through the entire process.
For more information and to inform us of an impending funeral, please call Joseph Muyal at 514-737-3695, extension 103.
Spanish & Portuguese Cemetery
1250 Forest Rd.
- Turn right on Jean Talon (east) and follow to Clyde.
- Turn right on Clyde (south)
- Left on Dunbar (east)
- Follow Dunbar to Rockland, where you will turn right (south) and continue over the overpass; the street becomes Davaar
- Follow Davaar until Côte St. Catherine, where you will make a left
- Turn right off Côte St. Catherine onto Pagnuelo (south)
- Follow Pagnuelo to Mt.Royal Blvd. and turn left (east)
- Take Mt. Royal Blvd. to Chemin de la Fôret. Turn right
- All the cemeteries are located on this street. First gate is Shaar Hashomayim, Second gate is Spanish and Portuguese, last gate at end of the street is the entrance to Mount Royal. Enter here for Temple Emanu-El and Mount Royal Cemeteries
Eternal Gardens Cemetery
33 Elm Avenue
- Take Trans Canada Highway (40) west to exit 50 (St. Charles Road)
- Turn left (south) on St.Charles Road and follow to Evergreen Dr. (this is the last street, before Highway 138 and 20 underpass)
- Turn right on Evergreen Dr.
- Turn left on Brown Owl
- Turn left on Elm Ave.
- Pass the railway station to the cemetery